Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Interview : Simran Sodhi , Journalist and Author

She is a journalist to the core. Having studied International Relations from The American University, she worked in the United States until the home beckoned her. She chose working as a journalist in India over the American citizenship. She is now the foreign affairs editor with The Statesman newspaper. Journalist and Author, Simran Sodhi speaks to mediakhabar.

Thank you for taking time off your schedule and talking to us. Simran, you are a graduate in Electrical Engineering. So what made you enter into journalism?
I was always interested in writing and was a voracious reader as a kid. During my engineering days, I started to free lance with a couple of newspapers and I also ran a college magazine. All that led me to do a summer internship with The Indian Express where I was exposed to the intricacies of journalism. I guess I was hooked and at the end of my engineering degree, I decided to switch fields. I have never regretted the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment